mercredi 11 janvier 2017

Creative experiments

By Anthony Lycett 
This year I decided I didn't wanted to wear a christmas dress but to be the christmas tree. 
To make the dress, I carved two fir side in foam  and I covered  them with hand stitched green-sequin fabric.  



By Anthony Lycett 
For our christmas card, the idea was to be the human christmas tree, having a lot of presents at my fits.  
Unfortunately it is all "fake presents".  To make the set, I basically wrapped up all the boxes I had at home from  moving box to the Nespresso coffee machine  packaging! 
By Anthony Lycett 

I tried to gather in an outfit all festive elements, miniature disco baubles from Paperchase, glittery reindeers table decoration and cut out mixed colours  tinsels that give an amazing texture to the dress.  

It is also a performative costume with metallic hooks where the audience can hang christmas decorations.  




At Pop Brixton, amazed kids were decorating the living christmas tree. For the parents, it is more alternative and original than just  an Elf in the Santa Claus  grotto! 



By Anthony Lycett 

Another bespoke headpiece, created for a proposal about the history of Caribbean Carnival  with model character & toys palm tree modelled by the very talented TheLionRaw 

By Anthony Lycett 

Theatrical third eye headpiece with flowers and golden Barbie torsos made for the brilliant performer Lara Buffard. The eyes is made of fabric and all hand-stiched on, adorned with artificial flowers and pompons.  

sequins fabric tube neckpiece with a colourful light garland so you can be fashinonable and see in the dark! 

By Anthony Lycett 


Always happy to lend my piece to talented stylist, here, Jessica Joy Style cleverly mixed some of my ethnic pieces with Mayamiko  fashion ethical designer with for a sustainable fashion photoshoot.  
 Photographer: Ben Lawrence Miller 

find all the piece on my online shop


elephant earrings 

ethnic feather headpiece 

with indian vs.cow boy neckpiece 

with golden barbie dolls necklace

with purple hair barbie dolls neckpiece 

with "four ages of the woman neckpiece" 




By Anthony Lycett 
I know it is a bit late (or a bit early)for Halloween picture but I didn't get the chance to publish them in a previous article. This year, for  Day of the Dead Halloween costume, I recycled plastic bones, polystyrene skulls & skeleton from the previous year show at the Barbican with  @unattendeditems. I didn't wanted to dress as a skeleton or a zombie but more as an allegory of Death with a Sicilan widow aesthetic with my hand stitched  "catacomb bustier" 



By Anthony Lycett 
With Anthony Lycett, we wanted to create an atmospheric shoot by using as a location the Abney cemetery park just behind our place.  This romantic  outgrown cemetery with unmaintained graves another dimension to the Grim Reaper costume.  

By Anthony Lycett 






In 2016, I took part of another dream project, a book about diverted & creative way of using Lego! Exactly what I am trying to do in my work! Very proud to have collaborated with the publisher Editions Hoëbeke for their book "Réinventer Légo" you can find my lego dress and my lego accessories and order it on amazon 






But the book I am definitely the most proud of is Self.Styled, the outcome of 8 years of photographing project by Anthony Lycett  documenting the eccentrics and individuals style! Get your copy on Amazon if it is not already done! 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...