jeudi 20 octobre 2016

Penciled for fashion week


By Anthony Lycett 
I originally made the pencil dress for the "back to school" themed bingo at Number90. It is not a pencil dress with a slim-fitting skirt with a straight, narrow cut, but literally a dress made out of pencils.  


By Anthony Lycett
 Following my favourite aesthetic of accumulation, the more, the merrier, I ordered some pencils online and got lots of boxes à pound land. In the queue an old Cockney guy found it funny to say "you are not going to run out of colours"…  If only he knew… 

By Anthony Lycett
In total, I collected 1080 pencils, Then the hard work starts, drilling holes in every single pencils with a precision drill to stitch them one by one of a pink dress which I modify the structure with some foam pads.I also made a pencils sharpener necklace to complete the outfit.

By Anthony Lycett
 As everything has to be coherent and use all the elements of the pencils, I glued  pencils shavings on my face for the make up. For solid shavers, plastic pens are the best.  It remind me this game when you had to create the longest pencil shaving without breaking it.  
By Anthony Lycett


See on my previous article, I also presented this dress at the Fuck fashion show by Diane Goldie where my very talented assistant Maggie Campbell modelled the dress for me.  






By Anthony Lycett

We decided to shoot in a children playground area in Clissod Park, for the colourful rubber ground and facilities matching with the pencils.  We went in the morning thinking kids will be at school but we had to wait for the park gardeners to clean the area and as soon as they finished children started to appear from nowhere.  They were quite surprised to see a  living human pencils case  occupying their territory but they were quite mesmerised by the colours! 
A post creation inspiration: When I went to the "Vulgar" exhibition at the Barbican, I saw this dress from the designer Mary Katrantzou who is made with hundreds of yellow pencils! I was a bit disappointed I wasn't the only one to have made a pencil dress and that everything have been done, but of course in a very different way! 

By Anthony Lycett

By Anthony Lycett

People asked me why I bother to stitch all the crayons where I could have glue them to save time. The sewing creates an amazing motions where pencils become fringes,  and sounds of the clinking of the pencils between them is magical.  It is like a thousands of small wooden bells, a reminiscence of childhood.  I like to create another reality where clothes make sounds they shouldn't be making, where people know the sounds but can't tell what it is because they are not expecting it from this object.  
By Anthony Lycett


By Anthony Lycett 

One of my look for the fashion week with some of my new pieces, my clicking camera necklace  and mecano dinosaurs.  🍿I am proudly wearing my Pop corn skirts by the brilliant dazzle and jolt, an  an independent brand to absolutely check www.dazzleandjolt.com , linking my love for pop corn & pop art! 
By Anthony Lycett 


By 

Daniel Rachev

 

Playing the game of the fashion week: dressing up, showing off, striking the pose, looking fabulous! When a lot of fashionista of fashion buyer where a classy minimalistic black, we anarchically colours bomb the fashion week.  People may say it is more costume than fashion, well it is just having fun with clothes! 
Florent Bidois wearing my crayons neckpiece, I feel my accessories look even better on men! 

By Daniel Rachevhttps://www.instagram.com/danielrachevphotography/


Partner in crime with Florent Bidois, modelling for the fake fur  brand Bandits london 

With the mystic king of colours Kala Kala

At the Sorapol show 

by Jose Farinha

by Jose Farinha




Behind the scene of LFW, I don't have a limo that drives me everywhere, I just have my bike and a gold waterproof jacket to protect me from the rain, making me look like Hulk with the padded design,  it is quite epic to cycle in this dress! 


Super happy to see myself in the street style gallery of the London Evening Standard (number 15) this year the show was definitely in the street!


Interview  about my work on Previly Magazine 

4 commentaires:

  1. Speaking of fashion, I recently discovered a great source for fashion deals and discounts over at promocodehq. They have some fantastic promos on clothing, accessories, and more.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I stumbled upon your blog post about "Penciled for Fashion Week," and I must say, your passion for fashion and art shines through in your writing and illustrations. It's a captivating combination!
    check cashing apps that don't use ingo

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. "Your blog is a valuable resource for those who seek both knowledge and inspiration. The depth of your insights and the clarity in your expression make your posts a joy to read. Thank you for consistently delivering content that leaves a lasting impression."
    https://justamazingdiscounts.com/brand/bk-com-code-entry/

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. It also made me ponder 'How Much Does Plato’s Closet Pay for Clothes,' contemplating the value not just in fashion design but also in recycling and refreshing our wardrobes. A thought-provoking read!"

    RépondreSupprimer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...