dimanche 4 septembre 2016

“Nothing ever becomes real ' til it is experienced.”

By Anthony Lycett 
I did a job at Pop Brixton where I had to take off all the previous decoration and replace it by the new one. I had to take off all the gold and black tinsels, and the staff  was going to throw it away so I ask If I could keep it.  People always look at me as if I am weird tramp in a ball gown, "well if it's make you happy…" well it's make me VERY happy! 

By Anthony Lycett 
We took advantage of a trip to Brighton was the perfect place, in my mind it is quirky, it has a a big queer scene, and cabaret where you can find this type of sparkly and slightly outdated decoration, and linked with the world of fun fair and circus on Brighton pier, with the freak of the giant woman. It is like in theatre, you know there is a trick, very childish and obvious but you want to believe in the optical illusion.  


By Anthony Lycett 



The very generous Lynne Gillett  who as the amazing Barbary Lane shop, hosted us for the night and lend us a stool, on the morning it was just me, Anthony and the stool on Brighton beach. We have been really lucky with timing because during the night a storm flooded the road and we had free parking till 9pm and 8:40 it rain again. We basically had a window of opportunity of 40min!
By Anthony Lycett 




By Anthony Lycett 
Dave and Matt were looking for performers for their wedding at Number 90.  
I pitched a white canvas dress where people could paint on it  but the grooms said they didn't have any congrats book so would be good to be the live one! 

By Anthony Lycett 
I designed this structural dress based on white themed inspired by Lady Gaga's futuristic dress, origami style and imitating the shape of the folding of books page. For the structure, I integrated gardening netting inside the material in order to create a rigid structure for the guest to be able to write on the dress with a fabric marker.  
By Anthony Lycett 

By Anthony Lycett 



white widow in Abney Cemetry from Anne-Sophie Cochevelou on Vimeo.

Photoshoot in Abney cemetry in Stoke Newington, the white widow who lost her fiancé on her wedding day, 
backstage pictures in number 90, the 2 grooms, the fake bride and fabulus unicorns as witness, isn't not the best wedding picture ever?  



On the wedding day, I made an entrance coming down the stairs on the Mendelssohn's wedding march song turning into a dub step remix while the grooms where arriving on a canal boat on the River Lee welcomed by a procession of Fabulus unicorns , psychedelic but delicious vision! 
Then I asked to the guest to live a love message to the grooms directly writing on the dress and everybody littles one and grown-ups , got really into writing on a moving congrats book!

dacing on 70s disco music with the fabulus unicorns! 



I  made this football dress for the bingo edition themed around the Euro 2016, playing on my favourite aesthetic of accumulation of object.  

By Anthony Lycett 
The difficulty was to attach the balls without puncturing them, elaborating an intricate system of wire and net as if the ball were trapped in their goals.  


The fashion designer Florent Bidois assisting me with the football dress 


By Anthony Lycett 
We took the picture in Hackney Marshes famous for its succession of goals.  As the football seasons was over, there was not net left, but because my dress is made of goal, I thought I could be the net myself!  

By Anthony Lycett 

As I am always wearing heels, even to do sport, i thought I will attach a miniature football to my platform shoes as if I was compliantly juggling with the ball like a professional! 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...