jeudi 25 décembre 2014

100 posts!

by Anthony Lycett

First of all the traditional Merry Christmas and happy New Year with my Christmassy outfit shot in the middle of the Kent forest.
by Anthony Lycett 

For this dress I used an outdoor fake fir tree who used to be on balcony in my parents house every Christmas and I stitched on the god fabric with the other tinsels and baubles.  


I turned it into a performance for the Children at Winterville in the House of Fairy tales tent. Children had to add baubles and tinsels to the living Christmas tree to recreate Christmas magic! 

Other Christmas dress made with iridescent scatters at the Rentez-vous Christmas event 



In september I had the great opportunity to design a costume for the New show  "Foxy Symphony". I already designed a first costume 2 years ago so it  great to be part of the adventure again.  



"Foxy and Husk gather together a medley of strangers in a beautiful and probing contemplation on class, community and the dream of a perfect nation. Using lip-synced stories alongside their trademark song, dance and interactive film, Foxy and Husk imagine a portrait of contemporary Britain in an increasingly globalised world." 


"Foxy and Husk is a playful performance artist who creates full length shows, experimental films and interactive installations, merging the disciplines of lip-synch, film, cabaret and performance art. As an animal/human hybrid, Foxy picks apart the absurdities of human life through an outsiders’ perspective. Her favourite tipple is milk." more on the Camdem people theatre website 



Inspiration: Christian Lacroix dress 






Because the show was based on the concept of British  identity and I wanted to play around the material of fur I wanted to create a patchwork of different lines of fabrics with different texture & colours.   Like the previous costume it wasn't about making a naturalistic fox costume but a anthropomorphic one with a very showy and cabaret aesthetic. 









For this dress, I was  inspired by exotic fruit outfit, Carmen Miranda & Josephine baker dance costume.
picture by Anthony Lycett 

I  incorporated  fake Hawaii flower crown and Vahine skirt that a friend gave me ages ago because she wanted to throw it away  and that I kept "in case". But not as the main skirt but as a decoration. By returning the function of the skirt i wanted to twist the cliche of the stereotypical exotic dancer bombshell.  


Because I had this massive collection of Marzipan fruit, I wanted to push further the idea of the fruit print and have actual plastic fruits on the dress.


Katy Perry wearing glittery exotic fruit dress 


picture by AnthonyLycett

Headpiece inspirations


Point presse:


My interview for the brilliant Celia Quijano Sorry to disappoint you but didn't write the bits in Spanish (i am a bit rusty since High School) but it is nice to feel so International! Read the article here 



Portrait of French people in London  by Bealondoner I am not the traditional French with her beret and baguette under the arm but thanks for the feature! read the article here 

2 commentaires:

  1. So amazing, I really love the dress you created at the top, that is amazing!! And the setting was perfect, I would love to be walking in a forest and come across you wearing this by the caravan....it's like magical :) Your fruit inspired pieces are perfect too, I really like fruit in fashion!! Happy New Year my dear....I hope your Christmas was gorgeous and I look forward to all the exciting new creations and ideas you will have to come!! May it be bliss Xxx

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Frankly, I wouldn't be tooo worried about what the whorizontal world thot about me, dear; I'd be much more concerned about what Jesus shall say at our General Judgment. You may not like me now, yet, I’m not out to please you. Lemme gonna wanna tella youse Who (grrr - New Joisey accent):

    Not sure if we're on the same page if you saw what I saw. Greetings, earthling. Because I was an actual NDE on the outskirts of the Great Beyond at 15 yet wasn’t allowed in, lemme share with you what I actually know Seventh-Heaven’s Big-Bang’s gonna be like for us if ya believe: meet this ultra-bombastic, ex-mortal-Upstairs for the most extra-blatant, guhroovaliciousness (-Austin POW!ers), pleasure-beyond-measure, Ultra-Yummy, Reality-Firepower-Addiction in the Great Beyond for a BIG-ol, kick-ass, party-hardy, robust-N-risqué, eternal-real-McCoy-warp-drive you DO NOT wanna miss the sink-your-teeth-in-the-rrrock’nNsmmmokin’-hot-deal: PLEASE KEEP HANDS/FEET INSIDE THE WIDE UNTIL WE MADE A CIRCUMFERENCE OF NEVER-ENDING-POSSIBILITIES. Yes, we’ll have a high-flying, immense-impression to be an outstanding-red-marker! For God, anything and everything and more! is possible!! Puh-leeeze meet me Upstairs. Do that for us. Cya soon, girl…

    RépondreSupprimer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...