dimanche 6 avril 2014

C'est ma poupée psychédélique

By Nirma Madhoo
I made this dress for a theme party "Fun Fair" so I chooses naturally to be dressed as a roller coaster. It is a very spectacular costume but not really easy to dance in a crowded party! 
By Nirma Madhoo

By Nirma Madhoo

By Nirma Madhoo
The head piece has a little fun fair on the top and you can move the cars on the structure on a kinetic way! 
By Nirma Madhoo

By Nirma Madhoo

By Nirma Madhoo
For the rail of the roller coaster, I used the some metal boning that I bonded together with black tape and I stitched little cars on it.  
By Nirma Madhoo

By Ksenia Gladysheva

Dolls head tutu ballerina bustier with dolls head piece 
By Ksenia Gladysheva

By Ksenia Gladysheva

By Ksenia Gladysheva

By Ksenia Gladysheva


Find all theses jewels on my online shop 


Another quirky thing that at friend send me through Facebook, 
For the 2014 Sculpture by the Sea celebration, Belgian artist Annette Thas carved a wave from over 3,000 Barbie dolls that she has collected from thrift stores and second-hand shops. Over 12 feet wide and free standing, the wave of Barbie dolls have each been individually woven together. 



I absolutely love this, I don't know where she found so many barbie dolls!


By Polina Belehhova

I love Polina quirky and uncanny style, her delicious mastered bad-taste where the kitsch meet the absurd! 
By Polina Belehhova

I like the idea of having a male model that give another dimension to the pieces, I think men should were more jewels! 
By Polina Belehhova
Cotton candy hair and pink Barbie shoes swinging in the wind
I find the blog a Sara by chance and I immediately felt strangely connected, her love of colour her extraordinary energy.   Some pieces she made,  I felt I could have made them also for myself! So  I did what I usually don't do, I wrote an email to her telling her how much I found her work inspiring. And she replied me with the genuine kindness and the passionate enthusiasm that already emanate  from  her posts.  From this point we started a digital epistolary relationship and she even asked me for some jewels! 
Yes, I am wearing legs on my ears, why not?
 "I thought it's fun to make something sweet and innocent, all childhood inspired and combined them with a My Little Pony blouse and plastic heels."

What she wrote to me one day really gave me a purpose of what I am trying to do " I really wear your earrings nearly every day since I have them, they are like talismans to me. they are an ironic protest against conformist society". 
  I like to think that my jewels or costume are not only fashion but a thumb on one's nose  and a ironic protest to a conformist society, a  visible token of a silent and artistic revolution. 

Yes I am a bit of an idealistic person… 
I love this adorable drawing that epitomise our common philosophy: 

"Lovely Sara says: Don't be afraid of colours! There is already enough grayness out there, so dare to wear all the colours of the rainbow!"



An article about my work on Sara's blog 


1 commentaire:

  1. Amazing amazing...the green dress creation - LOVE so much!! And isn't dear Sara wonderful!?! Such a gorgeous friend I have...always love her outfits, she looks amazing!! xx

    RépondreSupprimer

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...